Technical Writer 3-ProdDev-19001HU4 Preferred Qualifications The Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU) delivers cutting-edge solutions to the global utility industry, including billing, customer care, collections, meter data management, network management, energy efficiency, and business intelligence among others. We are looking for an expert communicator capable of researching complex technical information and creating engaging prose for internal stakeholders, integrators, technical staff at utilities, and utility Customer Services Representatives.
As a product expert, you will be expected to have an understanding of how our products work and how they are developed. You will use this knowledge to help maintain our internal knowledge base in Confluence and create customer-facing deliverables. As a member of the Knowledge Management group, you will design, create, and deliver whole product documentation sets and/or related courseware, direct the work activities of other technical writers and subject matter experts, and make sure that documentation deliverables meet our quality standards. Along the way, you will introduce innovative techniques and tools to help transform how the UGBU manages information.
- Experience producing documentation in an Agile, Software-as-a-Service environment
- Single-sourcing/multiple presentation experience
- Understanding of DITA/XML documentation practices
- Understanding of structured documentation and minimalism
- Experience with web applications
- Grasp of information architecture principles and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Experience creating and structuring content in a wiki environment
- Experience writing and managing documentation that is localized into non-US languages
- Experience presenting content in a clean and attractive manner
- Experience with instructional design is a plus
- Arbortext Editor or similar XML editor
- MadCap Flare or Adobe RoboHelp
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Mircosoft Word and PowerPoint (or Open Office equivalents)
- Atlassian Confluence or similar wiki tools
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of technical writing or related experience.
- Self-starter with minimal supervision.
In your application, please provide three to five samples that represent your best work. Each sample should be no more than three pages long. If you would like to provide a longer document to add more context, be sure that you specify which pages you'd like to highlight. The emphasis should be on quality over quantity.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, test or user manuals for paper, multimedia or web-based publications. Contributes to the timely design, production and delivery/completion of product documentation and document sets.
As a member of the technical writing division, you will design, create and deliver whole product documentation sets and/or related courseware. Edit, organize and direct the work activities of other technical writers and staff. Plan the format, arrange the layout of publications and edit work for conformance to publication standards and specifications.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
: Product Development
: PH-PH,Philippines-Taguig City
: Regular Employee Hire
Web content managers ensure that the content of a website is well-structured and easy to find and that it meets the needs of its users by covering all necessary...
From Ironbelly Tech - National Capital Region
Published 24 days ago
Candidate must be Journalism Graduate or equivalent With experience in writing/research in the fields of science, medical tourism, statistics and economic...
From Consult Asia Business Solutions And Advisory Services, Inc. - National Capital Region
Published 20 days ago
Help design and analysis of software requirements or specification Development and Unit Testing of Client-Specific Projects Create reports in Dynamics AX via...
From Ags - National Capital Region
Published a month ago
Bachelor’s degree in English communications or IT-related field; Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience as Technical Writer in an IT program/project...
From Indra Philippines, Inc. - National Capital Region
Published 13 days ago