The RoleThe purpose of the Senior Buyer is to manage portfolio of contracts (average number of contracts: 85 depending on contracts' segmentation) and handling new demands assigned to Class of Business and category/categories according to Category Management Contracting & Procurement (CMCP) guidelines. Senior Buyer is accountable for aggregating/leveraging third-party spend/demand and to develop/execute the sourcing strategy to optimise Shell's buying power and reduce the overall 3rd party spend. The Senior Buyer will ensure the Sourcing Strategy is aligned with Business/Function priorities through regular engagement with key business stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers to establish annual, integrated cost saving targets. Senior Buyer manages tail end spend by working in close coordination with Procurement Managers/Category Managers, maximizes value from Operational Contracts and implement Enterprise Framework Agreement (EFA) and Category contracts, Works with regional Trading House Procurement Managers to optimize spend through Trading Houses, ensures continuity of supply through managing ad-hoc business requirements in accordance with Tail spend management principles.
1. Work with various customers, and stakeholders within various Shell Businesses, Functions, to execute Category Management commercial work plans, assuring supply of contracts at market competitive terms and conditions, as well as delivering value through Bottom Line Impacts.
2. Deliver substantial value to Shell Businesses and Functions by:
- Contracting and procuring services as well as developing and managing local agreements under the direction of the Local Procurement Lead and Global Category Manager as appropriate
- Applying leading edge supply chain management techniques
- Applying supply/value chain analyses and modelling
- Scoping local projects, and analysing CP business requirements and external market dynamics
- Developing and executing commercial contract strategies as well as operationalising and commercially managing operational agreements
- Execute Group Contract Management process for assigned operational contracts
- Ensure all commercial activity is fully aligned with the Global Category Management commercial strategies and Tail spend principles
- Manage one-off Purchase Orders - Reduce/rationalize number of Contracts/Suppliers
- Deliver end-to-end cost savings impacting RDS bottom line
- Works on Short- and Long Form Model Contracts Library (MCL) Contract Template
- Managing Team's Top Contracts
- Playing role of coach for team members
- Being expert in own area (Subject Matter Expert)
* Manage portfolio of Operational and Tactical Contracts (aggregated contract risk low and med) in line with contract segmentation guidelines and principles. Majority of contracts in the portfolio are standalones.
* Manage spend estimated between 100-500M US$ total Actual Contract Value (ACV) (excluding call-offs and admin contracts). Exceptions are specific categories where spend is very low.
* Manage the most complex categories/Classes of Business Strategy/ Contract Award Approval Limit (ACV in USD): 3MLN CB proposal endorsement (ACV in USD): 5MLN Above 5 years of experience in purchasing.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Qualifications required role and contribution to Business bottom line:
- Ability to make decisions and execute with support of stakeholders
- Proven track record of execution excellence and delivering results
- Team player with high driven and ability to build long term relationships
- Organized and able to manage competing priorities
- Analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Good communications and inter-personal skills
- Good commercial sense and understanding of procurement
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Excellent English (written & oral)
- Demonstrate understanding of the Group CMCP process and commercial contract management technique
- Track record of delivery in a commercial environment and be able to show good customer focus
- Submitting Continuous Improvement initiatives
1. UNDERSTAND BUSINESS AND DEMAND: Knowledge
2. FORMULATE AND EXECUTE SOURCING STRATEGY: Knowledge
3. UNDERSTAND, EXECUTE AND IMPROVE CP PROCESS AND SYSTEMS: Skill
4. UNDERSTAND, EXECUTE AND IMPROVE THE REQUISITION-TO-PAY (RTP) PROCESS: Skill
More information is available via CP Learningin the CP CompetencyFramework
Start Something Remarkable
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Manila is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Finance, Human Resource, Customer Service, Order-to-Delivery, and Contracting and Procurement. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
A career in Shell will offer you remarkable opportunities for growth, true experience across different business areas and the tools you need to discover and develop your skills within the energy industry.
We're looking for qualified individuals with the drive to create significant business impact, as well as to collaborate with a team of professionals with diverse backgrounds. If you are a great team player, possess superior communication skills and problem solving abilities, join us and see the impact that you can make across our global business.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We Believe in Better!We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world...
From Unisys - Ilocos Norte
Published 10 days ago
We are looking for a Business Development Representative who will perform an administrative role and be responsible for contacting client or customers, and the...
From Boomering Inc. - Ilocos Norte
Published 10 days ago
Position SummaryThe Solution Architect role within the delivery process is to fully understand customer business requirements and construct a solid architecture...
From Software Ag - National Capital Region
Published 9 days ago
JOB DESCRIPTION Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who needs minimal supervision, is quick on his/her feet, has a creative knack for getting through to the...
From John Clements - National Capital Region
Published 9 days ago