National PETCARE Manager
Location: MANILA or CEBU (PHILIPPINES)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Neovia part of ADM ranks among the world leaders in nutrition and animal health and stands apart with strong international development working in five main activities: Complete Feed, Services and Premixes, Additives, Aquaculture and Petcare.
The company’s long-standing presence in France, a benchmark market with advance know-how and high standards, is accompanied by a dynamic international growth policy. The company boasts significant presence around the world, in countries that have already become key growth sources.
A pioneer in animal feed and health with over 60 years expertise, Neovia is a leading world player in the sector with 8300 employees and international footprint spanning over 28 countries, where the group manages 75 factories and 11 R&D centers.
Asia Division: a turnover in the region of 330 million euros with approximately 1500-strong workforce, about ten legal structures located in several countries and about 12 production units.
Along with Latin America and Africa, Asia is one of the company’s three priority investment areas. It has supported a number of expansion projects in that region in the past two years including a new plant in Indonesia, a facility and river loading dock in Vietnam and two plants in the Philippines.
In Pet Food Business, Neovia is one of the major pet food players with strong positions in Brazil and Mexico. The company us also present in France, on the export market (more than 50 countries). Recently, Neovia acquired TOTAL ALIMENTOS in Brazil and since 2014, has developed a pet food activity in Asia (Vietnam and Philippines in particular).
The world pet food market has experienced a sharp increase in demand In emerging countries: Brazil, Mexico, Russia and China. Globally the pet food market is worth $73 billion and has been growing steadily for several years. It is characterized by a combination of large, slow growing, highly segmented and extremely competitive mature markets (United States, United Kingdom, France, atc) and by the rapidly growing demand in the major emerging countries (Brazil, Mexico, Russia, China).
Job description :
The position will report directly to the GENERAL MANAGER of Philippines and functionally to the Commercial Development Manager - Asia, be mainly responsible for the achievement of the sales targets and operating profitin the PHILIPPINESof our Pet Food activity.
· Elaborate specific local sales strategies for each brand in each segment and then implement with your dedicated pet care team. Align and get approval by Neovia local Country Manager and Commercial Development Manager PETCARE Asia.
· Manage and develop the Philippines PETCARE team. (Marketing & Sales)
· Build and increase the global distribution network in the region by seeking new projects, sign and follow contracts. Taking in to account profitability.
· Build the strategy along with marketing for the launch of new products focusing in Global Brands and measure the performance according to objectives
· Be the actor in the development of private labels manufactured in our Philippines plant.
· Manage and support marketing actions implementation in the country with the Marketing Manager of PETCARE activity, including budget.
· Follow the registrations of the products with the regulatory affairs department in the Philippines.
· Support technically the range in close relationship with Head office based in Asia, France, Brazil and Mexico.
· Establish strong personal links with veterinarians, professionals, Retailers of pet care and distributors throughout the country.
· Interact with marketing, production, R&D and formulation teams in the Philippines, Vietnam and Corporate.
· Report your actions to the General Manager of Philippines and the Commercial Development Manager ASIA, evaluate and propose new products or services to them.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT:
Ø Relevant Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Animal Science, Animal Nutrition, Veterinary, Management or Marketing
Ø Minimum 12 to 15 years hands on working experience in similar industry such as Animal Health, Animal Nutrition or Pet care.
Ø Proven track record of successfully establish many personal connections in the professional pet care environment or in the animal nutrition or animal health industry.
Ø Strong communications and relationship building, local language would be a plus.
Ø Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and ready to take initiatives
Ø Dynamic, result oriented and strong relationship builder
Ø Frequent business trips within the Asia zone and abroad are required.