Under the general supervision of the Warehouse Manager; assist the Warehouse Manager in all aspects of warehouse operations such as planning and controlling stock movements within the warehouse and observing safety, security and housekeeping measures; supervises all warehouse personnel.
- Responsible for assisting the Warehouse Manager in the overall supervision of personnel assigned in his section.
- Orients new employees on the job duties and department/section procedures.
- Assists in counseling and motivating employees in order to maintain high morale and discipline; initiates and or recommends necessary disciplinary action on erring
- Trains employees on the job recommends appropriate training for existing potential subordinates.
- Evaluates performance of subordinates.
- Make suggestions on manpower requirements of his section.
- Prepares work schedule and reshuffling/sliding of personnel in his section.
- Prepares vacation leave schedule of personnel in consonance with the guidelines of operations.
- Checks attendance of subordinates and prepares violation reports whenever necessary.
- Ensures compliance on proper work uniforms.
- Maintains open-line communication to foster positive attitude towards company goals.
- Supervises actual merchandise count and checking of specifications against delivery documents (PO, BST, SIS); investigates discrepancies/damage and submits reports to
- Supervises proper handling and storing of merchandise.
- Ensures security of all items received at the warehouse whether stock controlled or not; checks and monitors proper maintenance of stock cards.
- Supervises the withdrawal of the merchandise base on stock withdrawal slips/returns to Warehouse.
- Ascertain transmittal of all necessary documents to Accounting Department.
- Maintains orderliness of the work area to ensure flow of work; ensures proper storage and cleanliness as a preventive measure against fore or other accidents.
- Assists in the implementation of safety and security control measures in consonance to corporate security standards which include:
- safety of employees -safety of visitors
-security against merchandise loss/damage/pilferage
- fire prevention for the building
- Supports Management’s decisions, requirements and expectations.
- Assists the Warehouse Manager in the performance of administrative functions.
- Monitors supplies consumption of the department/section
- Ensures good housekeeping, maintenance and use of facilities/equipment in the department in the department/sectio
- Prepares necessary paper works related to the employee incentive schemes and all other required/necessary records safekeeping.
- Performs other related functions that maybe assigned by the Warehouse Manager from time to time.
- College graduate, not more than 30 years old with at least three years experience in receiving, dispatching and inventory control procedures; with adequate leadership skills to handle a male dominated department.