Technical Writer 4-ProdDev-19001I02 Preferred Qualifications The Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit
(UGBU) delivers cutting-edge solutions to the global utility industry,
including billing, customer care, collections, meter data management,
network management, energy efficiency, and business intelligence among
others. We are looking for an expert communicator capable of researching
complex technical information and creating engaging prose for internal
stakeholders, integrators, technical staff at utilities, and utility
Customer Services Representatives.
As a product expert, you will
be expected to have an understanding of how our products work and how
they are developed. You will use this knowledge to help maintain our
internal knowledge base in Confluence and create customer-facing
deliverables. As a member of the Knowledge Management group, you will
design, create, and deliver whole product documentation sets and/or
related courseware, direct the work activities of other technical
writers and subject matter experts, and make sure that documentation
deliverables meet our quality standards. Along the way, you will
introduce innovative techniques and tools to help transform how the UGBU
- Experience producing documentation in an Agile, Software-as-a-Service environment
- Single-sourcing/multiple presentation experience
- Understanding of DITA/XML documentation practices
- Understanding of structured documentation and minimalism
- Experience with web applications
- Grasp of information architecture principles and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Experience creating and structuring content in a wiki environment
- Experience writing and managing documentation that is localized into non-US languages
- Experience presenting content in a clean and attractive manner
- Experience with instructional design is a plus
- Arbortext Editor or similar XML editor
- MadCap Flare or Adobe RoboHelp
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Mircosoft Word and PowerPoint (or Open Office equivalents)
- Atlassian Confluence or similar wiki tools
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of technical writing or related experience.
- Self-starter with minimal supervision.
your application, please provide three to five samples that represent
your best work. Each sample should be no more than three pages long. If
you would like to provide a longer document to add more context, be sure
that you specify which pages you'd like to highlight. The emphasis
should be on quality over quantity.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, test or user manuals for paper, multimedia or web-based publications. Contributes to the timely design, production and delivery/completion of product documentation and document sets.
As a member of the technical writing division, you will organize and prepare information for publication and develop publication concepts for the best communication of subject matter. Review technical information prepared by other staff members for clarity and content. Take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
: Product Development
: PH-PH,Philippines-Taguig City
: Regular Employee Hire
Job Description: Melakukan dokumentasi terhadap product/aplikasi termasuk prosedur penggunaan Memastikan dokumentasi yang dibuat sudah meliputi flow dari sisi...
From Pt. Indocyber Global Technology - Ilocos Norte
Published 18 days ago
Content writers are professional writers who produce engaging content for use online. They're Internet-savvy individuals who create articles, blog posts, and...
From Kiwi Global Consultancy - Ilocos Norte
Published 17 days ago
Job Description: Content writers are professional writers who produce engaging content for use online. They're Internet-savvy individuals who create articles...
From Kiwi Global Consultancy - National Capital Region
Published 17 days ago
Job Description: Works with the director of Editorial and Content Strategy, the managing editor, and other colleagues on the Creative Team, participating in...
From Beyond Events Production Management Inc. - National Capital Region
Published 23 days ago