JOB DESCIPTION :
A Quantity Surveyor manages the costs on a construction project. Ensures that the construction project is completed within its projected budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Preparation of Bill of Quantities which include BOQ measurement/take-off;
2. Preparation of tender documents, tender evaluation and report;
3. Review tender bid drawings and construction plans and drawings for potential variation order;
4. Preparation of cost plan, cost estimates and value engineering;
5. Provide coordination and liaison with project management throughout the estimate development;
6. Review compliance of technical specifications indicated in the proposal;
7. Undertake contract documentation, valuation of progress payment, variation assessment, and cost control report
8. Evaluate actual work accomplishment at site;
9. Evaluate Project Management's Instruction (PMI) and Work Authorization Order (WAO) based on contract terms and reconciliation with main contractor/subcontractors;
10. Preparation and finalization of project final accounts;
11. Determination of scope of work and cost allowance by reviewing contract documents and contract modification.
12. Negotiate with contractors and subcon on project concerns (contract, drawings, implementation, collection);
13. Other related duties and responsibilities that are assigned by the superior from time to time.