The Senior Quality Analyst’s main role is to plan, develop and execute quality tests across their respective technology platforms to ensure that delivered software meets business defined quality/acceptance criteria and is fit for purpose.
Will work closely with QA Team Lead, business Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and Development teams to understand requirements and to develop the overall test plan of a given project. Will then develop and execute to this test plan. The role is a hands-on quality testing role and post holders will be highly proficient testers in at least one area of quality specialism, i.e. automated, manual, performance etc.
Will often take responsibility for the quality of small to medium sized projects and will be expected to delegate tasks and oversee the work of junior/mid-level quality analysts.
• Defines standards for development of manual & automated test scripts, deployment and reuse. Participates in formal reviews of business requirements and application designs.
• Ensures proper test coverage exists based on requirements and design specification.
• Shapes overall technical test strategy by proposing solutions & tools.
• Defines & implements quality process improvements & metrics focused on defect prevention.
• Creates QA procedures & user instructions to ensure a reusable process & tools approach.
• Develops and/or maintains manual and automated test plans & cases.
• Ensures test environment reflects business requirements for test execution.
• Develops in-house test tools & harnesses where necessary; maintains overall test tools for regression testing.
• Coordinates test schedules, work and resource plans; manages progress of all test activities against plan.
• Establishes testing entrance and exit criteria.
• Identifies and manages critical path of testing
• Ensures execution of project regression testing tasks.
• Identifies test issues and reports to stakeholder
• Defines and coordinates production verification and validation
• Perform risk analysis at project management or release level.
Has responsibility for completion and implementation of multiple major initiatives.
• Responsible for meeting on-time and on-budget project goals.Job Requirements and Qualifications
• At least 5 years of software testing expertise gained across at least one of the principle testing specialisms, i.e. manual, automated, performance etc. Ideally to have gained an industry certification on one of these areas.
• Excellent understanding of Quality Assurance principles and processes.
• Experience of providing software quality processes within an Agile environment and to geographically dispersed customers.
• Good understanding of Software Development process including analysis and design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution
Excellent troubleshooting, debugging, communication and documentation skills
Basic understanding of SQL, SoapUI and Postman.
• Experience in using testing tools. (e.g. Selenium, JMeter and Cucumber)
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues in the Technology group as well as non-technical users.
• Interest in keeping up to date with the fast-moving world of software quality testing as technologies and processes continue to evolve.