Under the direct supervision of the Clinic Officer, ensures the timeliness in the releasing of accurate and complete laboratory and diagnostic results and maintain an orderly and systematic record keeping of patients’ charts for easy retrieval.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. Maintains an orderly and systematic record keeping.
a. Maintains an orderly and systematic file of Log Sheets and tracings for easy retrieval (by month/year/alphabetical order)
b. Sorts the tracings whether industrial patients or consults. For consults, results should be printed and attached to the tracings before filing. For industrial patients, tracings are sent to CMPD.
c. Files all log sheets/medical certificates at the end of the day.
2. Releasing of correct and accurate results.
a. Ensures that all results given to patients are correct and duly signed/received by the patient including the tracings and pictures for diagnostic procedures.
b. Ensures that all unclaimed results are properly and safely filed.3. Retrieves charts (if needed by doctors)
a. Ensures that every chart retrieved rightfully belongs to the concerned patient.
b. Ensures that all charts pulled out are returned and filed for safekeeping at the end of the day.
4. Maintains medical record logbook, detailing all laboratory/diagnostic examinations results received.
5. Adheres to the confidentiality of patients’ records and results.
6. Ensures physical integrity of charts (e.g. must know how to prevent physical damage, prevent destruction due to fire, flood and others)
7. Performs other related tasks that may be assigned by the Clinic Officer/Clinic Manager from time to time.
• Graduate of a reputable/accredited school
• Preferably graduate of medical allied course
• Preferably with 1-2 years’ experience in medical records maintenance and safekeeping
• Must have sound knowledge in medical terminology, with ability to identify abnormal laboratory and diagnostic findings
• Basic knowledge in secretarial/clerical functions and computer operations• Good communication skills in both oral and written English and Filipino
• Computer literate, with knowledge of MS Windows