Position Title: MAINTENANCE TEAM LEADER
Department: MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT
Number of authorized position(s)
Reports to: MAINTENANCE MANAGER
This position will be responsible for standard operating/production procedures, safety, quality control, cost, delivery and continuous improvement initiatives within the Maintenance Department. This position provides maintenance support to all areas of operation and will be responsible for the supervision of Team Members assigned to the designated area.
• Will be responsible for planning, monitoring and supervising all activities associated with Team Members of the assigned area.
• Responsible for maintaining efficiencies and team measurable through maintenance principles and practices, human resources planning, and flexibility.
• Assist in troubleshooting and repairing mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
• Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
• Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
• Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
• Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
• Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
• Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
• Perform or assist in fabrication, preventative maintenance and routine machine checks. Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
• Assists and trains other maintenance and/or other technical level employees. Will assist in planning and facilitating new and existing associate training.
• Perform or assist in fabrication, preventative maintenance and routine machine checks.
• Participate in a teamwork atmosphere and contribute to various continuous improvement projects such as standardized work improvements, cost-downs or other improvement activities, etc.
• Will promote and maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment through 5s activities and be responsible for proper material storage and waste disposal.
• Involved in long-term planning in relation to major projects, equipment installation, property improvements, etc.
• Successfully lead and function within a team environment and be able to adapt to change.
• This position will be predominantly assigned to the indicated shift, but must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed.
• Responsible for all necessary reporting and required paperwork.
• Receptive to training and performing functions in multiple areas.
• Communicate effectively with others at various levels using both oral and written communication skills.