Job Summary An Events Manager with Conrad Hotels and Resorts will assist the Director of Events Management in developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating objectives, strategies and activities in the Catering and Events Department, so as to solicit, develop and service catering accounts, thereby achieving and exceeding forecasted revenue figures.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
Smart luxury is at the core of everything Conrad Hotels & Resorts does. We offer our guests one-of-a-kind experiences, service that''s intuitive and connections to people and places near or far. We''re the destination of a new generation of global travellers for whom life, business, and pleasure seamlessly intersect. People who know that the greatest luxury is the luxury of being yourself.
If you understand what it''s like to juggle life, business, and pleasure and know how to bring a sense of luxury to that type of travel experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Conrad Hotels & Resorts. Because it''s with Conrad Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests the luxury of just being themselves.
What will I be doing?
As an Events Manager, you will work with the Catering & Events Sales Department to maximize revenue opportunities through the sale of conference facility space. An Events Manager will be directly responsible for performing the following task to the highest standards:
- Maximize all Catering & Events revenue opportunities
- Review sales and other revenue generating business plans, identify gaps, ensure proactive measures to fill hotel and conference space capacity, and meet set targets
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel and manage the departments so that Team Members adhere to the strategy
- Understand the competitive marketplace and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays competitive in the local market
- Ensure the Sales Team is developed effectively and embraces a culture of high quality standards and proactive selling
- Work effectively to build relationships with colleagues in the hotel
What are we looking for?
An Events Manager serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong leadership skills that motivate the Catering and Events Sales Team to perform beyond expectation
- Strong analytical skills to understand and respond to key business indicators and competitive trends
- Excellent selling capabilities
- Desire to coach selling techniques to their team
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Tertiary qualifications, or other collegiate-level degree, preferred
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Conrad Hotels & Resorts --- where you''ll enjoy the luxury of being yourself.
A high-profile destination More than doubling the number of Conrad properties by 2014 Conrad Hotels & Resorts celebrates 25 years of success in the hospitality industry