Entity Accountant: This all-around accountant position exists to take the lead on Holistic Trial Balance review, financial and taxation reporting, accounting judgements and the provision of advice to Global managers and other internal customers.
Core responsibilities will include:
Balance Sheet ownership including reconciliation review, ensuring appropriate controls are being undertaken
Take a lead in the Trial Balance review at the month end close
Ensure to take a deep dive Entity Trial balance review before the quarter and year end close
Advise on and resolve technical accounting queries. Any unresolved issues will be presented to global managers to come up with solution on time.
Strong and up to date technical accounting knowledge
Being Curios and have sense of initiatives
Strong oracle, OBIA and systems used by Elsevier. And able to generate a good analytical report and able to present effectively to various stakeholders
Advance excel knowledge
Good interpersonal skills for communicating with management, employees and third parties
Experience with Statutory audit support
Passion For Winning Boundarylessness Customer Focus Innovation Valuing People
1. Champions Change: Acts as a change agent; champions new projects; energizes others to want to change; fosters an organisational climate that looks for and supports opportunities for change; helps others through times of change.
2. Drives for Results: Does everything possible to achieve results; consistently meets or exceed expectations; builds commitment in others for individual and team objectives; leads efforts to increase productivity and goal accomplishment.
3. Takes Initiative: Anticipates and responds to threats or opportunities that might affect business performance; has the confidence to initiate action; independently address unexpected opportunities or problems; goes above and beyond what needs to be done; models proactive behaviour.
4. Technical/Professional Expertise: Asks good questions to elicit accurate information; systematically evaluates problems; encourage alternative approaches and new ideas.
5. Solves Problems and Analyses Issues: Asks good questions to elicit accurate information; systematically evaluates problems; encourage alternative approaches and new ideas.
6. Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically: Communicates clearly and concisely; delivers effective messages through various mediums; is skilful in both listening and questioning; breaks down communication barriers between teams and divisions.
7. Develops Others: Fosters a learning environment; acts as a coach or mentor to others; provides honest feedback; encourages others to continually seek out development opportunities.
1. Displays High Integrity and Honesty
2. Develops Strategic Perspective
3. Connects the Group to the Outside World
4. Establishes Stretch Goals
6. Practices Self-Development
7. Inspires and Motivates others to High Performance
8. Builds Relationships
9. Collaboration and Teamwork
1. General Accounting, Variance Analysis, Statutory Accounting, Audit experience preferred
2. GAAP, Operations systems, Fulfillment systems, accounting systems, Excel, Outlook, Word,
1. With 5+ years work experience and a degree in accounting, CPA preferred
2. Excellent Excel skills. Experience with ERP systems such as Oracle, SAP or PeopleSoft.
3. Experience in medium to large company environment.
4. Experience in business control is a plus.
5. Experience in large multinational company preferred
6. Good English communication skills required.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or **********.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancetand Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray?s Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization.
Job Description: Key skills required for the job are: n SONET-SDH-L3, (Mandatory) and Routing and Switching-L3, (Optional). As a Lead Administrator, you should...
From Wipro - National Capital Region
Published 16 days ago
Responsibilities The team closely supports the Fixed Income Analytics - Product Development (FIA-PD) and the Fixed Income - Quality Assurance (FI-QA) teams to...
From Factset Philippines, Inc. - National Capital Region
Published 16 days ago
Purpose of the Job •The TA Operations Manager supports the Head of TA operations in driving the Talent Acquisition Operations strategy. •The role is designed...
From Pmi - National Capital Region
Published 16 days ago
Grow our supply of talented and reliable service providers by finding, onboarding, and training new service providers on the GoodWork platform. Track...
From Goodwork.Ph - National Capital Region
Published 16 days ago