Service Traineris responsible for the development, implementation and presentation of new hire, ongoing and remedial training in both classroom and one-on-one settings. This position will work closely with the Knowledge Manager, Task Order Managers, Site Manager, Service Desk Program Manager, Quality Assurance Team, and subject matter experts from the customer.
• Ability to work in 24*7 environment, this is a must
• Plan, develop and facilitate internal training for new and existing service desk personnel.
• Provide support to the training manager in establishing, measuring, and monitoring key training metrics.
• Monitor progress of trainees and coach for improvement. Provide clear and concise assessments of trainee’s progress and overall performance during training.
• Provide constructive coaching and feedback to service desk assocites
• Training effectively and efficiently ( faculty & training feedback rating at 4.5 / 5)
• Design and evaluate training and performance interventions (pre and post training assessment)
• Identify performance gaps, causes of performance gaps and provide solutions to the training and production teams.
• Actively monitor calls by listening to the agents calls (Recorded / live) and share required feedback.
• Maintain familiarity with standard operating procedures and have a thorough understanding of operations and the quality assurance process.
• To be updated on all process related information for training purposes and available to take calls to keep in touch with operations
• Publish daily / weekly / monthly reports to stake holders
• Maintain historical data for the associates trained
• Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of training based upon formal and informal feedback from customers and end users.
• Foster open communication and develop strong working relationships with all personnel.
• Promotes client’s vision, values, and services to all customers and stakeholders.
• Assists in maintaining organization wide quality standards.
• Inter departmental coordination and communication
• Provide timely and efficient input and support to Training Coordinator for all training records and other related documentsEducational Qualification required for the position
High School Diploma or GED
Associate and/or bachelor’s Degree
Functional Competencies and skill sets required for the position
• Excellent Communication skills – written and verbal
• Strong technical aptitude ( Associates with international technical product / service certification preferred) – Should have good understanding of Technical concepts, server operating systems, Client applications, networking equipment for home and office, backup applications, security applications etc.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent technical skills (Service Desk, Infrastructure Management, Application support, Security services, Mobility services)
• Delivers results with minimal or no supervision
• ITIL understanding is a requirement / Certification preferred
• Office 365 / Exchange Online
• Exchange Server
• Active Directory User Administration
• SCCM Knowledge
• Working knowledge of commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) Software (i.e., Commercial Applications)
• Knowledge of Operating Systems such as Windows and Macintosh and Related Hardware and Software
• System Level Software (e.g. VPN, Encryption, Automated Backup) and Device Issues (for attached Hardware Devices) for Windows and Macintosh
• Remote Access (hard/soft token, VPN, or any other remote access mechanisms)
• Network Connectivity / Access Issues (e.g. both office and home network for remote employees, remote access, wireless, etc.)
• Mobile devices, configuration and support (e.g. iPhone, MiFi, or any other mobile device)
• Knowledge on functioning and configuration of Microsoft Exchange client
• Knowledge on - Active directory, Proxy, DNS, Group Policy
• Knowledge on – LAN setup, basic routing and switching, passive networking
• Knowledge on – Antivirus deployment and update, patch management, monitoring and reporting
• Knowledge on – build management, OS deployment, common application installation and troubleshooting, Hardware knowledge
• Hands on experience on managing printers (Local & Network printers)
• Hand on experience on ITSM tools like HPSM, BMC Remedy, Monitoring Tools
• Knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures like – Incident, SR fulfilment, Change, Problem etc.
• Knowledge management understanding, review and create new knowledge articles
• Good / excellent knowledge for support of MS Office and standard software
• Windows operating system knowledge (e.g. Windows 7, 8.1, 10), Windows smartphone and telecommunication knowledge. COTS (standard SW, standard HW)
• Understanding of Microsoft Office (e.g. Office 365)
• Extended troubleshooting of mobile devices and Apps.
Relevant experience required for the position
• 2+ years’ experience in the following (Greater the better)
? Desktop Technician/Trainer
? Service desk associate/Trainer
? Application support / Trainer
Specific Certification Desired, however not mandatory
• ITIL , CompTIA A+, N+, MCSE, MCT, Cisco certifications