CTI & Claims R&D Manager, Deo SEAA (Job Number:
: Philippines-Philippines (Region Level)-Taguig-Bonifacio Stopover Corporate Center Job Field
: Research/Development Posting Date
: Mar-17-2020 End Date
: Mar-31-2020 Job Type
: Regular Shift
: Day Job Job Schedule
Feel proud of what you do and make a real impact. Join Unilever.
Watch this video. #UniquelyUnilever
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The key job role is to lead the CTI & Claims program for Deos in SEAA cluster, providing insights and guidance to drive consistent growth to the range of brand existing in key markets. The role of CTI & Claims is to act as the link between consumers and the products they use, providing insight and guidance to ensure the category delivers outstanding products and claims for the Deodorant brands.
Specifically, key roles will include:
- Lead the consumer technical insight and claims workstreams supporting brand innovations
- Lead the strategic understanding plan for the category in the cluster
- TPL for selected BLG/activation & disruptive market development projects
- Champion for “Design for Channel” capability build focusing on H&B channels
The role is based in Unilever Philippines (BGC) and will report to the Cluster Design Director for R&D Asia.
The main accountabilities of the Cluster Design CTI & Claims R&D Manager will cover the following:
- Bring consumer’s voice into R&D. Develop expert knowledge of local markets, consumers, customers & channels, to drive market development thinking and ensure that inputs are fed back into the category innovation program to shape present & future innovation pipeline.
- Shape and guard the consumer promise throughout the product design and development process. Work with multi-disciplinary project teams, and partnering seamlessly with Global Design, Cluster Design, and CCBT R&D teams to deliver consumer, market and product insights to maximize the landing of Innovations into the market and identifying product opportunities for product improvements and innovation projects for deodorants category within region.
- Tap local consumer & market trends to ensure product superiority and market leadership in key consumer benefit platforms relevant for the market. Deliver product differentiation by identifying relevant product benefits and unique features for consumers.
- In collaboration with category CTI & CMI partners, design and implement consumer research to assess the performance of product prototypes on the key attributes and benefits of the brand concept. Ensure full compliance with safety and ethical standards for product & clinical testing.
- Leverage a range of external partners and capabilities (e.g. digital) to deliver fast, agile, and efficient market research. Keep abreast of internal and external developments in consumer research techniques and technical evaluation methodology and applying knowledge within product improvement and innovation projects to enhance decision making.
- Understand and apply the principles of experimental design and statistical analyses to maximize the quality of consumer research.
- Leverage a range of claims opportunities to drive superiority while minimizing the challenges risk via through knowledge of the local regulations and legal framework and ensuring the claims are supported with robust technical and consumer data. Lead Smarter Claims framework in the cluster in partnership with RA.
- Deliver consumer-relevant and impactful innovations via winning claims and knowledge-based selling (KBS) assets (e.g. PETs, demos, stories, channel execution) that demonstrate superiority and differentiation of our science and technology in our products.
- As category capability champion focusing on Design for H&B Channels, lead in developing and building relevant R&D understanding and “tools” which will enable robust product design and activation suitable for H&B channel. Codify guidelines & identify “hardware” and “software” tools which will enable:
- Identification of “better product assortment” relevant for the channel
- Development of “better product communications” for the channel
- Creation of “better product experiences” for shoppers
- Envision and shape the future of the Cluster CTI & Claims to build long-term skills and capabilities. Manage the CTI & Claims team & relevant facilities in terms of their deliverables and long-term career goals. Represent the cluster R&D team in global CTI & Claims network.
- Deliver effectively & efficiently CTI contribution to category growth fundamentals, within agreed budget.
- Graduate degree in relevant Science & Technology courses including Statistics, Data Science, and Human Sciences or equivalent (e.g. BS Psychology, Sociology / Social Science, Marketing)
- Familiar and fully operational in the consumer insighting, sensory research techniques , as well as product testing methodologies (qualitative and quantitative) used for new product design & development projects
- Proven track record in managing projects as a project lead and delivering with speed and consistently high standards of work and results.
- Broad range of R&D experiences across the organization (Global, Cluster/Local) is ideal. Strong exposure and engagement to business teams and cross-functional teams is key.
- Experience in a consumer technical insight role in consumer goods industry or market research agency.
- Curious, creative, and resourceful. Passionate about understanding consumer needs and delivering great products and experiences to consumers.
- Must have very good communication and influencing skills. Must be fluent in English & Mandarin is preferred (reading, writing, speaking)
- Must show ability to work in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment
Must be open to occasional travel as needed (e.g. inter-country, international)
The role will lead two important verticals within HR function: HR Business Partner and HR Operations functions, in Manila, Philippines. Job description...
From John Clements - National Capital Region
Published 16 days ago
The Role: As a Senior Clinical Manager for this leading organisation in aged care services you will be leading a team of other nursing staff and provide strong...
From Sugarman Group International - Ilocos Norte
Published 16 days ago
We are looking for a Marketing Manager who will be responsible for the overall coordination, management and leadership of all marketing activities of the...
From Boomering Inc. - Ilocos Norte
Published 21 days ago
A. People Perspective1. Endorses appropriate training for staff2. Coaches team to performB. Process Perspective1. Develops growth strategies and plans...
From Spec Mgt Consulting - Ilocos Norte
Published 16 days ago