Key Accountabilities:Leads all activities in the accounts payable function. Ensures timely processing and payment of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Creates an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
• Set clear team goals, deadlines and delegate tasks
• Manages all direct line reports in accordance with company procedures and standards
• Drives the team towards achieving goals and targets
• Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines
• Performs staff reviews and recommends staff training development
• Keeps management updated on team performance
• Manages stakeholders’ requirements and expectations
• Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals
• Assists management with hiring processes and new team member training
• Reviews and consolidates team metrics monthly
• Ensures proper utilization of resources
• Ensures strong back up system is in place
• Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
• Communicates concerns and policies among management and team members.
• Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
• Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance
• Provides quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer enquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints
• Works closely with the Accounts Payable Associate Manager to improve processes and deals with issues
• Communicates fully to the Accounts Payable Associate Manager all situations that may affect the team's ability to meet standards or deadlines
• Complies with company policy and procedures
• Assists the auditors in yearly audits
• Performs such other related tasks that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, skills & experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, preferably CPA
• Comprehensive experience in procurement to disbursement cycle, general accounting, and intercompany billing
• Experience should be 5-10 years of leading a 20+ AP team, preferably in a multinational Shared Services environment
• Experience with ERP systems
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)
• Proactive, a committed team player and can motivate other team members
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Keen on details, organized and results oriented
• In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Experience in Project Management
• Oracle experience preferred, not necessary
• Integrity - We believe in being honest and responsible, working to the highest professional standards.
• Client Focus - We are entrepreneurial and agile, passionate about creating value for our clients and achieving high performance.
• Collaboration - We believe in diversity, the power of global teamwork and that by working as one we can deliver exceptional outcomes.
• Sustainability - We own the responsibility to sustain our world and society in a balanced way with health, safety and wellbeing of our people central to all we do.